Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Layla is 10 months old!




Yes, Layla is 10 months old today. April 21st, 2010. It has been amazing and so much fun. She has done so much this past week when she was 43 weeks old. But at the start of week 44 she topped it all off, right before the 10 months mark. On Monday, April 19th, Layla walked independently for the first time. More details to follow. But before the 10 month date Layla had said her first two words, begun to walk, and rule the house. Who else could ask for anything more. Her first two words were Mama and Dada. Let's just say, our hearts melt every time she says these two syllable words.

For week 43, Layla enjoyed her swimming lessons at the Waco Family YMCA. She also enjoys eating, playing, and bath time. For this week, Layla and Daddy spent Saturday morning together. The whole morning. From 6 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon. By the time Mommy got home, Layla was saying "Dad-da, Dad-da, Dad-da." This made Daddy, so proud. In addition, Lalya did not take a single nap that day. Boy did she have so much fun with her Daddy.

On Monday, April 19th, Layla walked for the first time. This was amazing, even though she did it as Mrs. Nita's and to her friend, McKenna. Mrs. Nita said, Layla was playing in the play yard, and she let go of the wall. Walked one step. Then another. Then a third and touched McKenna's shoulder. McKenna did not know who in the world could be touching her. She turned around and saw. "Wewa,' a.k.a., Layla, there by her side. That night, Layla tried to walk about five times, at home. On three tries, Layla fell down, and got the hugs and kisses from her Mommy and Daddy. Then tried again. But on some tries, she was successful and fall free. Wow!

Then on her 10 month birthday, Layla had two more firsts. The first is she said "Duck." The second is, she blew a kiss. So many firsts are just so exciting. And one last occurred as well. Now that Layla is 10 months old, Mommy has decided to stop nursing. Well, she will continue nursing, but the pumping is over. For the past three months, Mommy has only been able to pump one bottles worth in a day. Six ounces, ONLY. With that said, 10 moths have passed, and Mommy thought it would be a good time to stop. It is hard, but the connection between Layla and Mommy, me, has been created and will never be broken.

10 months and counting. In two months, Layla will be 1 year old. Stay tuned for the next new event in her wonderful, precious, and amazing life.

Layla plays Peek-a-boo with the coffee table, Mommy, and Daddy.

These are Grandma Nixon's beautiful amaryllis's.

" I am trying to stand, but all if want to do is play."

Mommy, Layla, and Grandma
Enjoying our beautiful spring weather.


Layla and Grandma Nixon

"I want to hear some music Mommy!"
" Daddy, I want to still hear some music."

"I am all smiles because I walked for the first time today."

"Mommy, let me practice with my dump truck."

Surprise!!

"I want your earrings Mommy."

Self feeding is always a mess.

" Now I am finished, and I want out to play because
I am 10 months old today."

No comments:

Post a Comment