Yes, that might not sound like a lot, but it is.
In the bathtub this week, Layla began to kick her legs as she played in the water. This makes bath time a little wet for whom ever is assisting her. But, Daddy and Mommy can't complain one bit. It is still a joy to see her eyes and hear her giggle as she experiments with the water. Layla still gasps for air when water gets in her mouth or goes over her face. But she does not mind the splishing and splashing. She loves to put her water toys in her mouth and to suck on the wash cloth. Layla loves bath time.
This week Layla also began to nod her head up and down to show some form of agreement to what we are talking about. I will say a funny joke or make a silly comment and she will just shake her head and then smile. We even have started to show her two kind of food and ask her which one she wants. Larry will trade the hands and items to see if she chooses the same one. And 3 out of the 4 times he does so, she still chooses the first pick. Isn't this just amazing. I have got to say, it is just amazing to see what and how much she is picking up. When Layla shakes her head "YES" I just look at her and think, "WOW!"
And yes I said "Stubbornness." Layla is a lot like her Mommy, in being persistent to get what she wants, if she really wants it. My keys for example. These mentally things are a big deal to Layla when I pick her up from Mrs. Nita's. If Layla sees them, she wants them. And if she grabs them, she does not want to give them up. Once I take them from her, she will cry and cry and cry. One day she cried the entire way home. Boy, that is persistence, in my book. When I took her out of the car, she grabbed them right out of my hands. Then Layla also will creep to the same place over and over if she wants something bad enough. Even if we say, "No, Layla that is not yours." One day, she tried to grab something off of the shelf at least 10 times before I learned, I had to move the item not Layla. Let me just say, the cookbooks seem to get pulled off the shelf at least three times a week.
Well, that is about all of the new things that happened this week. Layla is still growing and moving. Before I know it, she will be crawling all over the house and keeping me busier than I can possibly dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment