Sunday, December 20, 2009

Layla is 26 weeks old.

Today is the last night Layla will be less than 6 months old. 6 MONTHS, Yes that is right. 26 weeks have passed and the 6 month mark is about to be here. We just can't believe that 6 months have passed by so fast. They have been the best six months of our lives.

As I, Nancy, tried to lay Layla down for an afternoon nap, I realize that my little girl was much longer that she was 26 weeks ago. She is stronger, more independent yet demanding, older, and heavier. Wow, is all that kept going through my head. 26 weeks ago I was trying to figure out how to nurse her, change her diaper, hold her, and meet all those other needs a baby brings into ones life. Wow, Larry and I have become experts at raising Layla. Well experts at meeting her needs and wants and even more. We had no idea what Layla would do to our lives 26 weeks ago, but we are sure grateful for each and ever waking and sleeping moment we have had. We are just so thrilled to say we have a wonderful life time to spend together with her as a family.

Well, as I rocked my baby girl to sleep, I had to recall all of the first moments we had together. The first moments I had with her as a mom, the moments she had with us as a family. Then I began to think about the amazing things she does for me on a daily basis. The things she brings to my life is just indescribable. As I rocked back and forth in our wooden creaking rocker, Layla just become totally relaxed and her head nudged tighter and snugger in the crook of my arm. What and awesome feeling. This feeling is hard to express and explain, but it is a feeling of joy that means and expresses how much she trusts and how comfortable she feels with me, her mommy. Then I began to cry, thinking, "How much longer will I have where I can hold my baby girl so securely, tightly, and comfortably?" I hope I never forget that feeling. It is just too incredible.

Well for now that is all I can say without getting super sad. But please stay tuned and enjoys the pictures below. They sure explain so of the activities Layla has done today.

Layla and her Great Aunt Mary.
Peaches, oh, peaches for me.

Mommy had to get creative so Layla could play with this new Leap Frog toy.
Boy she was creative.
Thanks to the Neal Family, Layla gets to play in her Jenny Jump Jumper.

Daddy loves on his little angel at Aunt Jean's birthday dinner.

Grandma Nixon, Aunt Jean, Mommy, and Layla
are out eating Tia food for Aunt Jean's birthday.

Daughter like Father!
T.V. remotes are very important in this house hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment