Labor Day was a wonderful relaxing day for the whole family. Sleeping in and chilling as a family was a necessity. Layla had a blast as mommy and daddy cooked in the kitchen together. We defiantly made a mess and Layla enjoyed laughing at us as we tried to clean it up. Cooking as a family is an exciting thing we love doing.
On Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday we continued to shuffle our schedule with one car. Layla and I truly loved picking Daddy up from work with a big smile on our faces and many kisses to give him. Layla and I did enjoy our old habit of taking an afternoon nap together before we picked daddy up. The act of snoozing with Layla on my chest is just toooo good. I truly have to say, I miss these daily naps with my baby girl.
This weekend was once again an relaxing one. Mom and Layla went to the Alpha Delta Kappa meeting. Then we came home and tried to clean house and do the wonderful laundry that piles up throughout the week. But the amazing thing that took place this week and weekend was it RAINED. It rained all weekend. It sprinkled, it poured, and it was drenching at time. It was just wonderful. Watching movies and curling up on the sofa was a requirement since the weather was so yucky outside. Thank God for the rain, and our first true movie weekend.
On Sunday, Layla and Dad enjoyed watching the Dallas Cowboys win their football game.
Some new things Layla began to do this week include more sounds as she coooos and talks. She just loves to make new sounds. The other amazing way she is learning to communicate is through nonverbal actions. Layla has learned to rub her eyes to tell us that she is sleepy. She uses one hand and rubs her eye for about 20 seconds. When she stops her skin around her eye is pinkish. It is just a very cute thing to see. Layla defiantly gets a good amount of shut eye once I lay her down, when I see her do her new rubbing act. It is just toooo cute.
Well, that sums up this week. A bunch of relaxing and together time as a happy family.
This bear is dad's gift to Layla when she left the hospital.
It was made with true love and the touch of the best daddy in the whole world.
She is just to cute. I hope you have wonderful week. It was great talking to you on Saturday!
ReplyDelete